We are recruiting!
Max Engel have been providing an outstanding service to our clients for over 70 years. The practice, based in central Northampton, is due to expand by a further 15% in 2020 so we are looking for some important new additions to join our exceptional team. We are always looking for brilliant people, and also welcome speculative applications if you feel that you have something special to offer.
Max Engel act for some large and well known organisations and for individuals. We build long and successful client relationships which results in a significant element of repeat business. We have the experience and skills to provide support to assist our new recruits to develop and progress to the next stage in their career, and hopefully become a long standing member of our team.
About us as an Employer
As a Firm, our continued success is due to our strong long-standing client relationships and good service which we can only continue to provide as long as we have the best people. Accordingly we place great emphasis on work/life balance and are conscious and reactive to caring responsibilities wherever possible, and being a supportive friendly and cooperative place to work. While your legal skills are important, the person behind them is much more fundamental. We are looking for people who are proactive and enthusiastic, and if you wish to progress and are willing to put in the effort, support is in place for training development and career progression. A competitive salary and holidays together with a bonus scheme are available if reasonable targets are met.
How to get in touch:-
Please send your CV together with a covering letter and salary expectations to our Managing Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking for an experienced conveyancer to work in our traditional full service firm offering conveyancing to our new and existing clients and developing and nurturing relationships with local agents and other sources of referral with a view to growing and promoting the firm generally. We need someone with at least 2 years’ experience who will be able to deal autonomously with matters from inception to completion with minimal supervision. A good variety of work is available and we offer opportunities for career development and further training in a supportive environment for the right candidate.
Working hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday, salary depending on experience.Immediate start available. Reasonable targets, not volumised/factory conveyancing, good work life balance.
Upcoming Vacancies – recruitment temporarily suspended due to Covid-19
General Commercial Dispute Resolution Solicitor/ILEX
Would suit an NQ Solicitor or Legal Executive
- Experienced full time fee earner in a Commercial Dispute Resolution department.
- Enthusiastic and proactive and able to work on their own initiative.
- Willingness to learn and ambition to progress to more complex matters in a commercial environment.
The work is varied and interesting and can range from straightforward debt collection work to contentious Probate, and Commercial Property disputes including dilapidations and possession claims. Secretarial and administrative assistance is provided.
If you have the ability to deal with some straightforward matters from the outset (with appropriate supervision and support), and the desire to join and assist our Head of Department, then please get in touch.
Commercial Property Solicitor or ILEX
Would suit Solicitor 2-5 years PQE or experienced Legal Executive.
- To join our expanding Commercial department.
- Solid legal experience required in Commercial Property matters and able to deal with transactions autonomously from the outset (with appropriate support). Experience in company matters would be useful but not essential.
- A good grounding in landlord and tenant work is essential. The work will be varied and interesting and can range from assisting with large commercial property acquisitions and disposals, to doing leases, development work, options, overages and similar.
- The ideal candidate will be friendly enthusiastic and proactive, and will actively look for ways to contribute without waiting to be asked.
- Enthusiastic and proactive about business development and building long term relationships with clients and professional colleagues.
- Long term career development potential is available for the right candidate.
If this all sounds like you then please get in touch.
Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA ID: 389678). Max Engel is the trading name of Max Engel & Co LLP a limited liability partnership (Members: R E Engel, H L Carville and S G Lawson) registered in England, registered number: OC 305962. Registered office: 8 Hazelwood Road, Northampton NN1 1lP. VAT Number: 119 4485 55.